The mansion was built in 1873/1874 by W. H. Kruger, who was then a partner in the Truckee Lumber Company. It was originally designed as a single family residence, in the Queen Anne Eastlake Victorian style. It served as a hotel in the early 20th century.
The restored building currently houses a restaurant and specialty store, in the Brickelltown neighborhood west of downtown Truckee. In 1982 it was registered with the California Office of Historic Preservation, and added to the National Register of Historic Places.
10292 Donner Pass Road, Truckee, California 96161, United States of America